Though founded in 1845, the more
familiar home of R. H. Stearns on
the Boston Common was built in
The interior of the long, narrow
store was palatial in character
as befits as flush as Stearns.
The 10-story emporium graced the
corner of Tremont Street at Temple
Place across from the Common.
The tall, narrow building towered over
the green spaces of the Common.
"Conveniently Opposite Park
Street Subway Station."
140 Tremont Street
55 Boylston Street
South Shore Plaza
42,000 sq. ft.